It’s not easy being a mom. Especially if you are a career woman too. It’s a constant fight against stress when you try to balance your time between the office and at home. Though there are a lot of women who would want to clear their schedules for their children, but there are some that want to push with their careers.
Being a mom isn’t easy. It can be considered as a full hands-on task. Even though gender roles have changed, most Americans still think that women should take a big role in caring for their children. And going back to work can lead to adjustments. Even with a partner, you must divide your time when it comes to dropping your kids to school, parent-teacher meetings, and going out to watch your kids’ first baseball game.
There are 56% of women in the US, with children under 18, prefer to stay at home. It’s difficult to be a career woman and a mom at the same time. But that doesn’t mean that it isn’t possible.
Having a family shouldn’t stop you from getting the career you want. If you can get the best of both worlds, then why not?
Here are some tips on how to be a great realtor AND a great mom at the same time!
We all dream big for our careers. For moms, we want to have a great family and a great career. We want to have everything. But be sure to make your expectations realistic.
Can you attend 3 meetings in one day and still make it in time to get the kids? You might burn yourself out by the end of the day. It’s best to have attainable expectations and feel satisfied at the end of the day.
- Determine your priorities
Know what comes first to you. When you know you should prioritize most, is one way to organize your schedules. You cannot do everything all at once just because it is already in front of you. Identify which ones you should put on top of your priority list.
Remember, that your family is the most important thing. They always will be. As the saying goes. ‘Work to Live. Not Live to Work’.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help
You are confident that you can do it. But it’s not so bad asking for help.
When your business expands, it’s time to get extra hands to help you with your schedule. Hiring assistants or building a team to help you out is a start. Your assistant or assistants can take off most of your load. It can give you time to clear your schedule and make way to spend time with your family.
- Approach Mom Realtor Experts
It doesn’t hurt to approach realtor experts and ask for advice how they manage work and family time. You might get a few tips to help balance your own. Having someone to talk with in the same career path can help you. Your fellow realtors may have the same experiences as you have.
They may also have different yet efficient ways to tackle busy work schedules. They may have advice for you that can change the way how you manage your own work load.
At the end of the day just keep being Awesome, you have the toughest job in the world being a mom, adding real estate agent in there should be cake compared to that 😉
If that doesn’t work we suggest buying this coffee mug from sunfrog as a daily reminder LOL
- Most Americans Still Think Women Should Do The Bulk Of The Housework (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chores-by-gender-women_us_57be3226e4b02673444e5a87)
- I’m One of the 56% of American Mothers Who ‘Prefers’ to Stay Home (http://time.com/4068559/gallup-poll-stay-at-home-mothers/)
- Working Mom? Aim for Less Stress (http://www.stanfordchildrens.org/en/topic/default?id=working-mom-aim-for-less-stress-1-2921)
- Work-life balance: A pipe dream for working parents? (http://fortune.com/2015/07/23/work-life-balance-parents/)
- The Perpetual Quest for Balance: One Realtor Mom’s Tips and Tricks on How to Juggle it All (http://www.oreablog.com/index.php/the-perpetual-quest-for-balance-one-realtor-moms-tips-and-tricks-on-how-to-juggle-it-all/)
- Secrets to Being Both an Executive and a Mom (https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/243395)